How to Get Started in Health
Getting started is one of the most difficult things to do, I believe. There is so much information out there flooding the internet, so many studies, so many opinions, so many articles like this. So who is right ? How to trust what we read?
When I started questioning why I felt the way I did – constant bloating, gases, constipation, tiredness..just to mention a few- I started looking for answers, and after five years of searching still not satisfied. The more you learn, the more questions arise, and the most you want to get closer to your own personal optimum health !
I have put together this tips to help you get started:
1. Stop using your microwave
Microwaves change the molecular structure of foods. Read more here
2. Get a water filter
There are many options some very expensive, so if you are on a budget, start by getting one that you attach to your faucet. Some of this are PUR or BRITA.
To read more about why a filter its so important go to
3. Use only sea salt- its loaded with trace minerals
4. Substitute vegetable oils for cooking such as: canola, sunflower, safflower, corn, soybean and cottonseed. For Coconut oil, ghee, tallow or lard (from pastured fed / organic)
These substitutes are very stable at high temperatures and have many health benefits.
5. Substitute all refined and artificial sugars with Rapadura, Palm sugar, Raw honey or Stevia (make sure has no added ingredients to it like xylitol).
These sugars have not been heated uo to high temperatures and cristilized. They retain all retains the vitamins and minerals naturally present in cane juice.
6. Substitute all refined flours for sprouted flours. a great source is
Sprouted flours are easily digest and pack with nutrients that our bodies recognize and assimilate quickly.
7. Substitute Non stick cookware for stainless steel, cast iron, ceramic or glass.
8. Find a place to buy local produce, raw dairy, grass fed meats and poultry.
9. Make your own snacks, and never leave the house with one.
These are just a few steps to get started, I will be adding more eventually. It may seem overwhelming at first, but do one at a time and you will see how easy it becomes !